Is there a plug in that will allow me to add recipes without posting? Not that I could find… so perhaps this isn’t the most sophisticated way to build up my recipe collection, but it’s how it’s happening for now.
Anyway, this recipe is so easy – much easier than figuring out how to set up a new website -and such a treat : ) I hope you’ll enjoy some summer veggies this way.
Yield: dough for 2 10" tarts
Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 30 minutes resting
Cook Time: 15 - 20 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
I'll never lose the love for their culinary school classic.
8 oz all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
4 oz butter, cooler than room temperature, cut into 3/4" chunks
7 - 8 Tbsp cold water
- measure flour and salt into the bowl of a standing mixer
- add the butter chunks, distributing evenly
- run the paddle attachment on low until the mixture resembles a coarse meal and starts to look like sand
- slowly add water, only as much as is needed to get the mix to form a dough
- gather the dough and divide in half
- wrap each half in plastic wrap and allow to relax 30 minutes in the refrigerator